Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mulberries, spiders and the Brush Wattlebird

The mulberry tree outside the kitchen is just flooded with these tiny sticky mulberries. They're yummy, but a real bitch to pick. Mara & Tia tried picking them by hand, and ended with purple juice running down their faces. So they held a large cloth while I shook the branches. We got just kilos of the stuff along with teeny tiny little spiders running around my bald head and everywhere. A sticky experience that I'm in no rush to repeat. BTW the Brush Wattlebird also loves the stuff and is always flapping about in the tree. This drives Sushi nuts and so she also is up the tree. Is this all weird or what? My daughters,cat, birds, spiders & me up in a tree. Abstract? Anyhow, Mo made some great muffins with the mulberries, and pies and tarts and jam....

No comments: