Monday, December 15, 2008

December, Xmas & Summer

Yup it's that time of year. The kids are on holiday - a long one - till February (It's summer hols) & A party- like feeling with a feeding frenzy, alcohol-fuelled and time to hit the beach. So here's how I plan to go contrary. I will try and control those great meals the Mo turns out, we'll still have tons of friends over, but they'll be doing the drinking - just an occasional pinĂ´t and as for the beach, I've discovered some absolutely amazing trails that are across the river along Williamstown. The Altona Bike Trail is very beautiful, along the shorefront, and winding it's way along some small lakes and wetlands and marshes all the way down to Skeleton Creek at the Truganina Coastal Parklands. It's about a 60km round trip (+ I take a bicycle punt below the West Gate Bridge) and of course some cappuccino at The Strand at Williamstown! I could make a habit of this.... I'll take my camera along next time and get some shots.
Here's Tia and Mo making gingerbread cookies for xmas. Their little foodie factory!





Mara at her desk in her room.

Here's the map of the Altona/Truganina Trail. Just a part of it. It actually stretches hundreds of km. till Point Cook. It's that red line running down from the top right all the way down (and beyond). There's a bicycle ferry (punt) I take across the Yarra below the WestGate Bridge at the start of the trail.

No comments: