Thursday, October 6, 2011

Edison, Einstein, Jobs

Steve Jobs   1955-2011

Steve Jobs 1955-2011.  He was a force and an influence that couldn't be ignored.  Several times over the years as I firmly embraced the Apple Mac DNA, I couldn't understand how one tech company could get it right every time, all the time.
Well almost. I still have some reservations about Flash - (I think axing it was a bit premature) - and probably Jobs will be vindicated finally when we find that HTML5 and subsequent other solutions will fill that void...
I don't know if the next generation of devices will carry that 'omigosh' and 'wow' factor. I really hope so. I do know though that the Mac and Apple products pushed the boundaries AND forced the competition to raise the bar, constantly, and we the consumers won out every time.  Given that development cycles are in place several years in advance we'll still see great products for a while. Then comes the acid-test and the ability of Jobs' successors to show that his vision can endure.
RIP Steve Jobs, we're gonna miss you.