Monday, August 27, 2007

"Now my nose is stuffed and my heart is broken..."

"Now my nose is stuffed and my heart is broken..." Tia, who is all of 7 years old said this to me on our drive back this evening. We had just dropped off her very best friend - Paula, who had spent the day with her. As we were driving off I realised that she was silently weeping and bubbling at the back of the car. I'd never seen here like that. Grief stricken. She was just inconsolable. Nothing we said would help, it was like she was in another place, and so far away - it really got to me. And it hits me just how much the kids will be affected by this move at this stage in their lives. As I mentioned somewhere in this blog, it's amazing just how much of their life gets uprooted, and they go along with whatever plans we lay out for them. "Now my nose is stuffed and my heart is broken..."
Mo & I told her that it's up to her to keep in touch with Paula, and when they're older they can meetup wherever and travel and visit, and they have all their incredible future waiting - oh, how exciting. Paula, at anytime you can contact Tia at - tia@marcbaptista.com

No comments: