Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just August

A relaxed, pensive moment. Here's Mara on our deck at the back, playing her guitar. Krikka is listening in.





Max cooked another one of his gastronomic surprises. Great food, great company and a spectacular aerial view of the Docklands.


Tia wins an award at her school. She is fitting in nice and easy and seems to be very happy.



An finally, my stone sculptures came in from Hoi An, Vietnam. I had to pick up a crowbar from Lee's Hardware so I could uncrate them, and it was magic. They're wonderful and I love them. A Garuda, Ravana and a dancing Apsara. Thanks John Eastoe and Chris and Scott for helping me wrestle them off the delivery truck.

Winter. What can I say, it's really special in some way with that crisp cold, bright skies with puffy clouds, and while you CAN dress warm, it's not too much fun on the bike, and the short daylight hours are the worst. The Viet trip was done, and we were getting down to the tail end of the brrr cold. Tia is in a percussion class, and here' a shot of her at a performance with her mates.

No comments: