Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dinostory at Frankston and Fisherman's Cove in Mornington

The Sunday sailing regatta for the Lidgett Trophy was cancelled because of high winds, so along with our good friends (and intrepid sailors) Dirke & Margaret Funke and their kids Viktor & Leonard; we went to the dinosaur sand sculptures and then to this wonderful idyllic swimming spot at Fisherman's Cove (near Mt. Eliza) Mornington Peninsular - about an hour from Melbourne.






















I don't know who this bloke was. He was spear fishing - successfully, and managed to get some flatheads and leatherbacks. I got chatting with him, and much later, he walked all the way over to where I was lounging on the beach and asked if I would like one of the large flatheads he had caught - 'wonderful grilled with a bit of butter and garlic, mate' - I declined, but I was so touched by his generosity and that Aussie spirit.
Whoever you are, you reaffirm my faith in the spirit of man...

No comments: